Friday, June 19, 2015

Meet Me Under the Green Umbrella at Pike's


Meet Me Under the Green Umbrella at Pike's
Oil on 5"x7" canvas panel

Now you know why I do not do many cityscapes. I took an urban plein air workshop at South End Charlotte a couple months ago. I had started this painting and put it aside. I picked it up yesterday determined to finish it. I do NOT like it. I really should stick with landscapes and flowers. Why? I abhor straight lines and perspective drawing. Too confining! If I took this in for a critique, the analysis would begin with my lines. I use all kinds of methods to make it look realistically comfortable BUT it just is not in me. I seek peace, harmony and happiness in my art and managed to find it within all this mess. I cropped it out below. Another painting?



No comments:

Post a Comment